NEWS FROM THE LAB - Monday, November 2, 2009

WTF is britisharmy.co.uk? Posted by Sean @ 13:47 GMT

Lt.Col James Dox of the 1st Battalion 63rd Armor Regiment recently contacted me.

He made me an offer:

From Lt.Col James Dox. Dear Friend. We are in need of your assistance. My name is Lt. Col. James Dox, From 1st Battalion 63rd Armor Regiment here in Ba'qubah in Iraq. We have about  (One Million Four Hundred Thousand Euros Only) that we want to move out of this country (Iraq). We are seeking your mutual understanding and confidence to help us to receive the fund. You are to retain 30% of the fund and help us to keep the remaining 70% because we will be ending our mission in Iraq soon. You are free to read from this website how we got the money. Website: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2988455.stm If you can assist us on the above. Please forward the below reqirements to me as soon as possible 1. Your Full Name:... 2. Your full mailing address:... 3. Your nature of business:... 4. Your marital status:... 5. Your Private Telephone Number:... Regards, Lt.Col James Dox Email: ltcoljames@britisharmy.co.uk

Thanks, but no thanks, James.

But hey, your e-mail address is interesting, what the heck is @britisharmy.co.uk?

Turns out that the domain britisharmy.co.uk is registered to an UK based ISP called Freeola since 1999.

They offer free "occupational based" e-mail account names…

Freeola500 Occupations

It appears to be for fun and games. But unfortunately, it seems that an 419 advance fee fraudster now has other ideas.

Hmm, britishintelligence.co.uk is also available.

I've always wanted to be a secret agent.

Agent 419

Signing off,